Vintage-etc’s Terms of Trade:
Payment must be made in full before goods purchased can be released from the possession of Vintage-etc to the client.
Stock can be reserved for a maximum of 48 hours without payment.
Prices are subject to change without prior notice due to prices of suppliers being subject to change.
All stock is subject to availability at the time of payment.
All items are subject to have slightly different finishes to images due the nature and character of the wood and material of the finished item, and lighting in the photography on site.
While every care is taken to supply good quality items, longevity will depend largely on the care of the products.
Further Delivery and Returns Policy available here
All of the content you view on this website, including, but not limited to, all of the page headers, images, illustrations, graphics, audio clips, video clips, and text, are subject to trademark, service mark, trade dress, copyright and/or other intellectual property rights or licenses held by Vintage-etc You have permission to view electronically, copy and print in hard copy portions of the site for the sole purpose of browsing the site for your personal use only. Any other use of materials on the site, including a reproduction for purposes other than those noted above, modification, distribution or reproduction, without the prior written consent of Vintage-etc and the lawful trademark and/or copyright owner is strictly prohibited and constitutes an unlawful infringement of the intellectual property rights of Vintage-etc and/or such trademark and/or copyright owner.
Competitions, Affiliates and Third Party Suppliers
- Any prizes won on Vintage-etc and on third party sites or competition can not be exchanged for cash by any winners or third parties partners.
- All prizes are subject to availability. If the item is not available at the time of closing the competition, Vintage-etc reserves the right to offer an alternative prize
- Vintage-etc reserves the right to extend the entry date if deemed necessary or beneficial
- In the case of a competition hosted by a third party, partner or external competition platform – the following terms are agreed with all parties concerned:
- Third parties unequivocally acknowledge the monetary value of the prize or the prize itself, is in return for deliverables agreed by Vintage-etc and the said third party in a given tie period. Vintage-etc reserves the right to audit or query the running of the said competition including the prize draw methodology.
- Third parties and affiliates understand that any prizes or sponsored items from Vintage-etc are dispatched to winners or third parties only on fulfilment of competition and or terms of business agreed with the said partner and/or affiliate
- Any business terms or deliverables not met within the agreed delivery period by agreed contractors or third parties, will affect the agreement of supplying a service, prize or items from Vintage-etc and will render the agreement nil and void. Vintage-etc reserves the right to pursue losses in such an event.
- Vintage-etc will not accept any liability for any losses as a result of reneighing of contractual duty of care by any third party supplier relating to prizes, competitions and offers on third party platforms.
- All partners understand that prizes are procured by Vintage-etc on competition fulfilment, and not held in stock throughout the year. All prizes and / or items offered by Vintage-etc are subject to availability and having reasonable access to the agreed products.
- Vintage-etc is permitted access to all entrants in third party competitions including their name, surname, email address and telephone contact details if applicable and this will be provided to Vintage-etc in an acceptable format such as an XL or CSV document within five working days from date of final entry.
- Prizes will not be allocated to Vintage-etc staff, the agency staff and/or third party, their family or friends. Any inappropriate prize draws will be declared null and void and Vintage-etc reserves the right to cancel the competition prize allocation altogether.
- Vintage-etc reserves all rights to contact prize winners or competitions directly with any matters relating to the prize or their business and goodwill
- All agencies and third parties agree to accurately represent Vintage-etc, given the brand guidelines and to the benefit of the brand and goodwill of the business
We will treat all your Personal Information as confidential. We will keep it on a secure server and we will fully comply with the POPI Act. We will ask for your Personal Information from you such as your name, e-mail address, billing address, delivery address, telephone number and product selections. The kinds of personal information we collect and hold will depend upon the personal information you choose to disclose to us. Examples of such personal information include keeping a record of your name, date of birth, occupation, address, telephone numbers, e-mail address, social media addresses, previous purchases from us and interests.
You should bear in mind that our site is being monitored and may capture information about your visit that will help us improve the quality of our product selection and service to you.
We will only use your information for the following purposes:
- Processing your orders; competitions and prize draws marketing and newsletters
- For statistical or survey purposes to improve this Website and its services to you;
- To serve website content and advertisements to you;
- To administer this website and if you consent, to notify you of products or special offers that may be of interest to you.
You agree that you do not object to us contacting you for any of the above purposes whether by telephone, e-mail or in writing and you confirm that you do not and will not consider any of the above as being a breach of any of your rights.
When you browse our website, you will be given the option to receive information from Vintage-etc by e-mail or telephone, about products, promotions or special offers which we feel may be of interest to you.
Your Personal Information may be shared by Vintage-etc and TheVendory.com. Your information may also be disclosed to marketing agencies, other businesses such as Transport/Courier Companies and to reputable third parties or suppliers who help with the processing of your order and / or competition partners. The Protection of Privacy Act requires all such third parties to treat your personal information as fully confidential. We will not release your Personal Information to any company outside of our company for mailing or marketing purposes.
We are compelled to disclose your information to any Government Authority or Law-Enforcement authorities should we be called upon to do so.
Disclaimer of warranties; Limitation of liability
We do not guarantee, represent or warrant that your use of our service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free. This site and all contents of this site are provided on an “as is” basis without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including without limitation warranties of title or implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. You acknowledge, by your use of this site, that your use of this site is at your sole risk, that you assume full responsibility for all costs associated with all necessary servicing or repairs of any equipment you use in connection with your use of our site, and that Vintage-etc shall not be liable for any damages of any kind related to your use of this site.
In no case shall Vintage-etc, our directors, officers, employees, affiliates, agents, contractors, suppliers, service providers or licensors be liable for any injury, loss, claim, or any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, special, or consequential damages of any kind, including, without limitation lost profits, lost revenue, lost savings, loss of data, replacement costs, or any similar damages, whether based in contract, tort (including negligence), strict liability or otherwise, arising from your use of any of the service or any products procured using the service, or for any other claim related in any way to your use of the service or any product, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of the service or any content (or product) posted, transmitted, or otherwise made available via the service, even if advised of their possibility. Because some states or jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or the limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, in such states or jurisdictions, our liability shall be limited to the maximum extent permitted by law.
We exclude, to the maximum extent permitted by law, any liability which may arise as a result of the use of this website or the content contained within it. Where liability cannot be excluded, any liability incurred by Vintage-etc in relation to the use of this website or the content, is limited as provided under the South African Consumer Law.